Energy Efficient Office Saving Tips
Making your office more energy efficient doesn’t just help the environment – it can help your business save money, too! Looking to “green” your space this summer? Here are a few tips to help you get started.
Energy Saving Tips:
- Turn Off The Lights – Remember to turn off the lights when you leave the office for the day! This simple task can help you save on your electric bill.
- Shut Down Your Computers – Don’t just turn off your computer monitor – shut your computer down. Leaving your computer running overnight will waste energy when you’re not in the office.
- Recycle More – Setting aside a recycling bin for plastic and paper products is an excellent way to make your office more eco-friendly. Call your office building manager to see if they have a recycling program set up for your space or you can bring the recycling on your own.
- Schedule An HVAC Tune-Up – Your office air conditioning system might not be your business priority, but it needs a tune-up each year to work efficiently. Regular tune-ups keep your system working efficiently and help to prevent future breakdowns.
- Change Your Air Filters – Your HVAC air filters be changed during the summer months. When these filters become clogged, your system needs to work harder to push cool; air conditioned air throughout your office space. By changing these filters, you can help cut down on your office cooling costs.
- Add Coverings to Your Windows – Curtains or blinds can help control the amount of light (and heat) entering a room. Close the blinds or curtains on hot days to keep the hot summer sun from heating up your office.
- Turn On Ceiling Fans – While ceiling fans won’t cool the office down, they can help circulate your air conditioned air and provide a breeze.
- Switch to Energy Star Light Bulbs – Newer CFL lights cost about 75% less to operate! Make the switch to save on energy in your building space.
Looking for a new office space? Hauptman Realty can help you find the right space for your business needs. Explore our website to learn more about our available office space in Melville and Roslyn, NY or give us a call directly at 631-501-1080.